Blood donors asked to give today and tomorrow
DALLAS/FORT WORTH, Texas (Jan. 3, 2017) – Carter BloodCare is asking for the greater community’s help as the blood supply in a 56-county area has reached a level of urgent need. Volunteer blood donations are a critical link to help prevent disruptions in patient care at hospitals.
The situation is that during the week between Christmas and New Year’s (Dec. 26th through 31st), the blood transfusion requirement by hospitals, for their patients, was much greater than anticipated – even for this time of year. This has contributed to the already challenging seasonal efforts for routine blood collections.
In response to the urgent requirement for blood products, Carter BloodCare is asking all eligible blood donors in the communities where the blood center services hospitals, to consider making a donation today and tomorrow. If not able to do so now, please make an appointment for next week. Carter BloodCare’s headquarters are located in Bedford, Woodway (near Waco) and Tyler. There are 25 blood donation center locations that can be found on the organization’s website carterbloodcare.org.
The public appeals and calls-to-action are:
- In order to prevent a disruption in patient care, volunteers for blood donation are urgently required at this time.
- Please come in to give blood today or tomorrow.
- Call for appointments – (817) 412-5830
- Text for appointments – Text the words ‘Give4Life’ to 444-999
- Host a blood drive – contact us at BookABloodDrive@carterbloodcare.org
- Tell your family and friends about the blood needs and urge them to participate by making an appointment.
Director of Public Relations
817.412.5314/ cell 817.709.9103